Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What’s the role about
We’re building a new team to become the future of Paysend.
Reporting directly to the CRO of Paysend EU, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to build and establish the Risk framework for Ireland and beyond.
In this role you will partner with colleagues across the network to design and operate a robust risk network
Paysend is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Our core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to transact seamlessly and quickly, regardless of physical location.
We have an established base in Ireland from which we operate our regulated European businesses which is licensed and regulated as an Electronic Money Institution by the Central Bank of Ireland.
This role will be based out of our office in Dublin on a hybrid office / remote working model.
The Risk Analyst role is a second line of defence (“2LOD”) appointment reporting to the EEA Chief Risk Officer (“EEA CRO”). The role has responsibility for Paysend Group and the European business risk management programme covering all enterprise risk categories pertinent to business activity conducted.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the EEA CRO in oversight and implementation of the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework as it applies to the Irish regulated entitiy.
- Support 1LOD risk owners in identification, assessment and management of risks for the Irish regulated entity.
- Recommend improvements, modifications, and new procedures to mitigate risk and address inadequate or weak controls.
- Maintain the regulated entity risk appetite statements, ensuring they are refreshed annually (or more frequently as required), and metrics are monitored and reported appropriately for all regulated entity.
- Work with the EEA CRO to identify, schedule and deliver risk related regulated entity requirements in a consistent and timely manner.
- Escalate any significant changes to the risk profile and control environment to the EEA CRO for reporting and action through appropriate governance forums (e.g. EEA Risk & Compliance Committee / Boards).
- Drive a strong risk culture by embedding risk performance metrics and providing robust risk training.
- Analyse and document risk profile information for reporting to regulated entity Board and Risk & Compliance Committee meetings, ensuring all Management Information is targeted, informative, relevant and timely.
- Evaluate regulated entity compliance with risk management policies, procedures, processes, laws and regulations.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training, obtaining relevant professional certifications, reviewing professional publications and books, establishing personal networks, participating in professional associations, and staying informed of any legal, policy and procedural changes relating to enterprise risk management.
- Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices, and assess the potential impact on processes and procedures.
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
Develop strategic perspective
- Know how work relates to the organization's business strategy (line-of-sight connection).
- Balance the short-term and long-term needs of the organization.
- Demonstrate forward thinking about tomorrow's issues.
- Ensure that all systems in the organization are aligned toward achieving the overall strategic goals.
● Communicates powerfully and broadly
- Use strong writing and verbal skills to communicate facts, figures, and ideas to others.
- Give clear, understandable instructions to employees and others
- Help people understand how their work contributes to broader business objectives
- Break down communication barriers between teams and departments
● Collaborates and fosters teamwork
- Promote a spirit of cooperation with other members of the work group
- Develop cooperative working relationships with others in the company
- Proactively address conflicts and disagreements that affect effectiveness
● Focuses on results
- Build commitment in others for their individual and team objectives.
- Hold others accountable for achieving results.
- Lead or champion efforts to increase productivity and goal accomplishment throughout the organization.
● Builds relationships
- Handle difficult situations constructively and tactfully.
- Maintain and utilize relationships outside the company through which resources or information can be generated.
- Deal effectively with people in order to get work accomplished.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of building the risk management framework in a startup / from scratch
- Understanding of Paysend business
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!