Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What's the role about
Working as part of the Marketing Services Team you will lead a small team of Copy Writers who work across both the Marketing & Product functions of the company. You will manage & contribute to their tasks as well as managing all the translation required from their output.
A good working knowledge of both UX Micro and Marketing Copy is desirable for this role as well as knowledge of best practice & processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the content team, their incoming tasks, backlog & roadmaps
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of the team’s content design work by documenting & gathering feedback on completed tasks to improve future work
- Write, research and edit product interface and marketing language, product terminology and other content throughout Paysend experiences
- Manage translation of all content for marketing & product functions
- Develop content patterns and standards to evolve Paysend’s distinctive voice
- Establish the content design team’s vision and advocate for good content design
- Build partnerships across the company
- Set team goals that align with the design department’s and company-level goals
- Facilitate an open, supportive and inclusive team environment
- Organise team-building and other social events
- Hire & on-board new staff as required
- Support members of the Content Team in their career development & growth
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 5+ years of experience of content creation & translation
- Excellent written & spoken English skills
- The ability to translate complex problems and concepts into engaging, clear and relatable communications A genuine passion for defining new processes
- Skills to explain decisions to and share your methods
- An understanding of user-centred design
- Basic understanding of the product design process techniques
- Keen attention to detail, analytical reasoning and systems thinking
- Great communication and presentation skills
- A team-oriented personality
- Good organisational and operational skills
- Good working knowledge of tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with larger organisations or teams.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!