Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 7 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
Specific actions, tasks or areas of responsibility this role will oversee
- Monitor and manage cash balances for the domestic and international bank accounts of Paysend and all its subsidiaries
- Approve and initiate monetary payments and settlement utilising detailed knowledge of international banking rules and payment regulations for countries in which business is conducted
- Knowledge of payment methods including Faster Payments BACS, CHAPS, ACH, SWIFT etc.
- Execution of foreign exchange transactions to convert receiving currencies to the right sending currencies. As well as optimisation the FX transaction costs
- Enhance and document the operational payment and settlement processes & controls to ensure business continuity, but also enable delivery of streamlining and automation deliverables
- Form part of the Treasury and IT team responsible to implement a dedicated Treasury Management System (TMS) for Paysend
- ALCO paper presentation covering aspects such as liquidity and capital risks
- Manage the set up of bank accounts. bank routing rules and ongoing bank account maintenance in the accounting system
- Determine structure of new bank accounts and maintain banking infrastructure
- Participate in the cash and liquidity forecasting process for the company and making prefunding recommendations with pay-out partners
Specific skills, traits and competencies necessary to be qualified for this role
- A strong operational Treasury background including liquidity management, banking, payments, FX trading and derivatives
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills to be able to comfortably interact with stakeholders to Group Chief Financial Officer level
- Solid Excel ability potentially R and SAS as well and the ability to turn raw data into management information and actionable intelligence
- Experience in process improvement and thinking critically about how to operate Treasury activities more effectively
- Some Treasury accounting knowledge relating to balance sheet and P&L
- Experience with building a Treasury function and an ability for understanding Treasury Management Systems (e.g. Kyriba. GTreasury, FIS etc)
- Ability to use original thinking to translate goals into the implementation new ideas and design solutions
Specific skills, traits and competencies that will be beneficial for this role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a financial or mathematical discipline
- 5+ years of Treasury or related experience in a bank or corporate environment
- Optimally some experience gained in a FinTech firm and expertise digital transformation and innovation would be a bonus
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!