PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 58M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan. Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
- Lead a team of machine learning and data science engineers to research, design, and build machine learning systems for prediction, recommendation, and automation.
- Mentor team members and develop the team’s technical expertise in machine learning frameworks, algorithms, tools, and software engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with other teams within the department as well as data analysts, data engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to define project objectives, requirements, and KPIs
- Manage and communicate the scope, timelines, deliverables, risks, and resources for projects.
- Foster the team’s evolution and growth by providing feedback, coaching, career development opportunities, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Promote knowledge sharing, learning, and continuous innovation within the department and disseminate research findings and project updates across the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships and collaborate with the hiring efforts to grow the department
- Analyze and learn from incidents and failures, and reflect them to system stability and scalability.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. Japanese language capability is a plus.
- More than three years of experience leading a technical team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, or equivalent.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Able to maintain focus, prioritize, and context-switch while continuously driving team success in a fast-paced work environment
- Have the technical expertise and judgment to guide the team to discover data insights and suggest action items based on research findings
- Unparalleled speed: Discover for yourself the important things that need to be done and implement ways to reach the best results at the fastest speed possible for the organization.
- Commitment: As a professional, commit to the growth and business goals of the organization and create impactful results by your ownership.
- Logical thinking: Think logically and structurally to bring real communication.
- Curiosity and questioning mind: Keep your curiosity about new things and your challenges along with a continuous questioning mind and enjoy such circumstances in a future-oriented manner.
- Problem solving: Take a proper approach towards both explicit and potential business/organization challenges to lead solutions involving others.
- True opinion and communication skill: Communicate your opinions to others in a flat manner to ensure mutual understanding and to keep things moving forward.
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support