PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 55M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan. Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
- Ensure the system has enough capacity in light of short-term and long-term growth through the activities such as capacity planning and load testing.
- Ensure a robustness of microservice system using a various technologies for stability, and achieve goals of SLA/SLO and other metrics.
- Analyze and learn from incidents and failures, and reflect them to system stability and scalability.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the timely and quality delivery of a given product or project.
- Lead the team in its daily tasks, prioritize them, and make decisions based on changing business priorities.
- Structure and facilitate the team’s workflow and development process.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders across the company to understand their requirements and translate them into the team's technical requirements.
- Fosters the team’s evolution and it’s member’s growth, including, but not limited to, 1:1s and performance evaluation
- Plan for future resources requirements and collaborate with the hiring efforts
- Professional experience in a technical management or leadership role.
- Have a technical mindset and understand complex systems design.
- Have an extreme bias towards action. Basically, have the “Get Things Done” type of attitude.
- Be solutions oriented.
- Be able to maintain high-performance within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual in English and Japanese is nice to have, but not required. Proficiency in either language is fine.
- Unparalleled speed: Discover for yourself the important things that need to be done and implement ways to reach the best results at the fastest speed possible for the organization.
- Commitment: As a professional, commit to the growth and business goals of the organization and create impactful results by your ownership.
- Logical thinking: Think logically and structurally to bring real communication.
- Curiosity and questioning mind: Keep your curiosity about new things and your challenges along with a continuous questioning mind and enjoy such circumstances in a future-oriented manner.
- Problem solving: Take a proper approach towards both explicit and potential business/organization challenges to lead solutions involving others.
- True opinion and communication skill: Communicate your opinions to others in a flat manner to ensure mutual understanding and to keep things moving forward.
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support