PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 55M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
We are working to provide the best financial services to users in Japan.
We empower PayPay product by realizing efficient, stable and optimized storage services.
PayPay is looking for DBA engineers who work with databases at scale on mission critical systems.
- Database operations, including monitoring, configuration management, upgrade, scaling, backup, and data migration
- Troubleshoot stability and performance problems
- Educate software engineers on database best practices
- Research and test new tools in database ecosystems, and adopt them in PayPay
| Python, Shell, Go, SQL, PL/SQL
| Aurora, MySQL, ElasticSearch(ELK), TiDB
| GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Flyway
| Newrelic, Grafana, Prometheus
| Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence
- More than 3 years of DBA experience. Among 3 years, minimum of 1 year with using MySQL.
- Experience in distributed database, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, TiDB or HBase, Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with and specialized in one relational database's configuration, backup, optimization, and monitoring. Possess deep insight and knowledge about your expertise.
- Familiar with shell and Python
- Familiar with Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Experience troubleshooting critical issues online
- Experience working with NoSQL or NewSQL databases
- Experience working with TiDB
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
- Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support