PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 58M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan. Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
At PayPay, we’re constantly working on improving our systems and processes to support PayPay’s exponential growth. As an SRE at PayPay, we strive towards empowering our developers with the right tools and ensuring high availability and top-level performance so that our users can have a great experience with our services.
Considering PayPay’s growth, we are looking for experienced SREs who can deliver insights into system bottlenecks and ensure system reliability and scalability, while increasing the number of services that our company offers.
We are looking for individuals who can bring informed and unique viewpoints, enjoy collaborating with a cross-functional team and are actively pushing boundaries to develop reliable and scalable solutions and positive user experiences.
- To establish a culture of reliability throughout the Organization
- Manage growth sustainably
- Deliver customer and engineer satisfaction
- Analyze current technologies used in the company and develop monitoring and notification tools to improve observability and visibility
- Ensure system stability by pre-emptively verifying failure scenarios and implement solutions to reduce MTTR
- Develop solutions to improve system performance with a focus on high availability, scalability and resilience
- Establish SLAs for service uptime and integrate with telemetry and alerting platforms to track and improve reliability of systems
- Implement industry best practices for system development, configuration management and system deployment
- Ensure seamless flow of information between teams by documenting knowledge gained
- Be up to date on modern technologies and trends to advocate for inclusion within products if they add value
- Experience troubleshooting, tuning high performance microservice architectures running on Kubernetes and AWS in highly available production environments
- 5+ years experience in software development in Python, Java, Go, etc with strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
- During the SRE selection process, you will have a coding challenge
- Curious and proactive in finding performance bottlenecks, scalability and resilience problem areas and addressing them
- Experience with observability tools and gathering data
- Database knowledge such as RDS, NoSQL, distributed TiDB, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative and getting things done attitude
- Enjoy taking up a challenge and driving it to conclusion
- Container image management and optimization
- Experience in large distributed system architecture and capacity planning
- Understanding of IaC, automation tools, terraform, cloud formation, etc.
- Background in SRE/Devops concepts and implementation
- Experience in managing monitoring tools like CloudWatch, NewRelic, Prometheus and reporting with Google BigQuery and Looker Studios
- In depth knowledge of web technologies such as CloudFlare, Nginx, etc.
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support