We are hiring for a Senior Manager, Product Management!
About the role:
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Manager, Product Management, who can leverage their leadership experience to be accountable for the success and performance of their team. Their focus will be to develop a high-performing team of Product Managers by providing coaching and development opportunities, lead collaboration with the Product Management and cross-functional teams throughout PayByPhone, remove blockers and delegate where necessary, and ensure that Product objectives and priorities are moving forward.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Use your strong leadership experience to manage a team of Product Managers to drive superb execution
- Support a strong product culture and evangelize product management practices throughout the organization
- Actively seek to deeply understand the business by forming strong partnerships across all teams
- Obsess over the analysis and internal communication of key metrics, ensuring the business has its eyes and ears open to the success of its products and the corresponding market trend
You’ll excel in this role if you have:
Experience in people management roles. You will provide a mentoring approach to oversee a team of Product Managers and focus on their development, engagement, and performance management. Your role is to ensure that your team is able to deliver on all Product deliverables, that you take accountability of business results, and that you hold a high standard of all Product deliverables across the organization.
A strong Product Management background. To this role you bring your experience in managing groups of Product Managers that represent numerous product offerings in addition to your own breadth and depth of Product Management knowledge. You have experience with products that serve multiple markets across geographies and with products that use externally-consumable APIs.
The ability to identify root causes. You have a knack for diving deep into problem discovery to identify the root cause and have a solutions-focused mind set. You have a calm head on your shoulders and can look at challenges as opportunities to move tasks forward to ensure business objectives are being met.
- 5+ years of Product-related experience
- 2+ years of domain experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- At least 2 formal product management related qualifications from certified institutions are required
- A technical background which enables you to contribute meaningfully to projects intended to improve performance, stability, and maintainability
- A strong understanding of business and finance which enables you to contribute meaningfully to the commercial success of your products
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking, presentation
- Analytical skills
- Strong management skills, including mentoring, training professional development
- Strong experience in leading cross functional product teams that includes engineering and design in order to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement and retention
- Exposure to products that serve multiple markets (geographies)
- Has experience of performing well in a large, rapidly expanding organizations
Success in this role looks like:
- You will be proud of the high-performing team of Product Managers you oversee as a result of the right activities happening at the right time, enabling products to be shipped ahead of target dates.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with the recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.
PayByPhone is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. The Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace or talent attraction processes. Our commitment is to attract and acquire talent that are representative of the talent market, and are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
At PayByPhone, we operate in a constantly evolving world. With change being a long-time friend of ours, we have our values to guide how we work as a team to deliver on our commitments. In short, we:
Make things happen
See through our customers’ eyes