itBit is a global exchange and custodian offering institutional and retail investors a regulated platform to buy, sell and hold crypto assets. In 2015, itBit obtained a New York State trust company charter and became the first regulated Bitcoin exchange in the U.S. As a regulated financial services company based in New York City, itBit is focused on meeting the sophisticated needs of institutions, active traders and other bitcoin trading professionals.
- Serve as a front-line control leader of all transactional activity on our Exchange. This includes a mastery of our Exchange business, the identification of red flag indicators of suspicious activity for both money laundering and fraud typologies, and a strong understanding of our client base.
- Identify new risks to the Exchange where policies, procedures, and other controls measures may be needed.
- Be the primary point of contact of the Compliance team for the resolution of all compliance-related functions. This includes the handling of transaction monitoring escalations, responding to law enforcement inquiries, and approving new accounts.
HOW TO ACHIEVE THE OUTCOMES
Technical Acumen Required:
- A fundamental understanding of local anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act) and sanctions regulations.
- Experience in identifying and investigating money laundering, terrorist financing, and fraud typologies.
- Strong writing capabilities where deliverables are to reviewed by regulators and law enforcement.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, tech-oriented environment.
- Experience with Excel and data analytic tools (e.g., SiSense) is highly preferable.
Commitment to Excellence:
- Strive for the highest level of quality as possible. Ensure that every function and process performed by the Compliance team is regulator/auditor-ready from Day 1.
- Always ask the question, “what can we do better?” and identify opportunities where we can improve inefficient functions, mitigate new risks, and improve our overall Compliance Program.
Search for the truth:
- Willing to “dig in” to complex matters without giving up. This may include investigating a large volume of transactional queues, deciphering large data sets during transaction monitoring, and resolving difficult customer inquiries or complaints.
- Anticipate priorities and take initiative in areas where additional support is necessary.
- Ability to “manage up” to the Compliance Director and the Chief Compliance Officer to ensure proper governance of the Compliance Program. Inform others of escalations and approvals which take priority.
Willing to Be Wrong:
- Willing to ask others for help. If experience is lacking in a specific task/issue, identify a team member who can assist. Be able to learn from these experiences to handle these issues in the future.
- Ability to quickly learn from mistakes made. Be open to constant feedback and seek input from other team members on areas for future development.
- Be a superior team player and be willing to assist other areas of the Exchange, if needed. This include supporting Operations, Business, and Management for any urgent requests.
- Interact respectfully with Operations, Legal, Engineering and non-itBit team members, both in NY and Singapore.
ITBIT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, AGE, COLOR, RACE RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, GENETIC INFORMATION, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.