Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our global People team, our HR Manager will be responsible for overseeing and executing all the functions related to HR in the United States, including workforce planning, organizational development, and policies & procedures.
This role will be based in the USA, preferably in the New York Metropolitan area.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the full employee lifecycle, including but not limited to: recruiting, onboarding, keeping HR records for all US-based employees, and offboarding
- Design and implement systems and processes to support a fast-growing international organization including workforce planning, and performance management
- Promote HR initiatives and programs that align with corporate goals and values
- Ensure accuracy of all data entry, process flows, background checks, BambooHR entries and changes, health-check administration, processing employment contracts and contract changes
- Oversee and ensure HR programs are comprehensive, competitive, and align with business goals
- Drive learning and development initiatives, and other organizational development projects including culture, team-building and related functions
- Partnering with hiring managers to ensure organizational structure supports business needs, growth and scale
- Manage recruiting efforts in the US, including communication with recruitment agencies, screening candidates, and supporting hiring manager interviews
Who You Are
- You should have a passion for HR operations and strong attention to detail
- You are a people first leader that is excellent at building relationships with partners and various teams across the company
What We’re Looking For
- At least 4 years of human resources / HRBP work experience
- Track-record of scaling HR globally in a tech start-up environment
- Experience with BambooHR, Trinet, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with Greenhouse is a plus
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.