Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Marketplace Operations leader who will report into our Chief Operating Officer. They will be responsible for the entire customer journey, with a focus on our P2P digital currencies marketplace, and will constantly dream big and drive change. Their top priorities will include strengthening marketplace safety and analyzing marketplace dynamics, with an eye towards automation and strategy. The Marketplace Operations Director will optimize delivery experience, efficiency, and reliability so that all sides of the marketplace can find value on the platform.
We are looking to fill this position in NYC, Miami or London.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Proactively scope and lead multiple projects to improve quality, reduce fraud and keep our customers satisfaction on a high level; take accountability for project outcomes, ensure delivery on project critical metrics, and keep others informed of progress
- Analyze sophisticated data, build models, and aggregate insights to drive key business decisions and policies
- Define critical metrics and develop dashboards to track business performance; report findings to senior leadership to define long-term strategy and decision-making
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams like Product, Community & Customer Experience, Growth, Marketing, Finance, and Compliance to share insights, increase information sharing on broader critical initiatives, and ensure that customers are getting the best user experience
- Build a cohesive strategy, framework and solutions to lead operations team that is responsible for our end-to-end ecosystem goals
The most important skills and capabilities for this role are:
- An ability to build deep cross-functional relationships across a broad organization, foster a collaborative work environment, and understand problems from diverse perspectives; humility and empathy are critical to success in this role.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering against hard deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to synthesize information quickly, distill key takeaways, and weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires
- Ability to come up with quick solutions for issues in the ecosystem and marketplace and collaborate with relevant teams on successful delivery
- At least 5 years of experience in business operations, management consulting and/or product management, developing and executing strategies, leveraging analytics and KPIs to inform decision-making and performance management.
- Understanding Paxful platform, p2p trading, unique aspects of irreversibility of cryptocurrency and how fiat payment networks work
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.