Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Sanctions Analyst who is great at reviewing sanctions, investigating and screening risky and suspicious users, assessing risks related with SDN, and gathering important details related regulatory reporting to join our Compliance Team. This role will perform first line reviews of sanctions, politically exposed persons, and negative media screenings of Paxful users .You will be based out of our Manila and report to our Associate Director, Compliance-AML.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Perform first line reviews of sanctions
- Investigate politically exposed persons
- View negative media screenings of Paxful users.
- Have full understanding of the risks associated with SDN
- Assist in gathering details needed for regulatory reporting and backlog reduction.
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Ability to determine false positives and true matches with minimal supervision
- Analytical and love paying attention to detail
- Ability to organize & prioritize workload, and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and changing deadlines
- 1-2 years’ of OFAC Screening experience at a global financial institution
- Familiarity with PEP, negative media, and SDN risks.
- Experience with Lexis Nexis, Dunn & Bradstreet, ComplyAdvantage, World-Check, or similar solutions
- Experience with crypto/blockchain is a plus
What We Offer
- Gym membership, massage, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
- Manila: Data allowance is provided along with a grocery benefit
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.