Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Full Stack Developer who is great at writing and executing code backlog to join our Engineering Team. This role will develop and support internal development tools (DEX).You will be based out of Tallinn and report to our VP of Engineering.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Design, build and maintain tools (DEX) that help engineers to develop and deliver services fast with high quality.
- Create guidelines and organise workshops on DEX tools.
- Develop and support shared libraries and frameworks for microservices.
- Write clean, secure, maintainable, testable and modular code.
- Follow company coding standards.
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers.
- Cover your code with tests.
- Develop and support internal development (DEX) tools
- Create guidelines and organise workshops on DEX tools
- Develop and support shared libraries and frameworks.
- Implement best practices and automation in the development process.
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- 3+ years of commercial web development (Python/PHP/JS).
- Strong knowledge and skills in Python/PHP.
- Good knowledge of relational databases - PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases - MongoDB.
- Good verbal and written English
- Experience with development in Kubernetes.
- Experience with frameworks FastAPI/Django/Flask/Laravel.
- Experience with ReactJS, ViewJS, NextJS.
- Experience with microservice development.
What We Offer
- Tallinn: Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
- Tallinn: Online medical consultation with top-notch doctors
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.