Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Fraud Analyst who is great at assessing, detecting, investigating, communicating, and monitoring fraudulent and unsafe transactions to join our Fraud Team. This role will ensure the protection of Paxful and its users from fraudulent activity and ensure a safe marketplace. You will be based out of our Manila office and report to our Sr. Manager, Compliance-Fraud
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Review and monitor transactions, trades and platform users for potential instances of fraud and/or scams.
- Use open source intelligence (OSINT) and prior casework to identify fraud networks, organized fraud groups and take steps to safeguard Paxful's platform from these actors.
- Investigate cases involving unusual activity, derived from escalations from other teams, internal/external referrals, automated alerts and through proactive initiatives.
- Share knowledge across teams, deliver superior analytical products, and contribute to market safety through ad-hoc projects and
- Monitor users’ accounts and trading activity for unusual or risky activity in accordance with the company's rules and regulations and utilizing a risk-based approach.
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- A candidate who has a natural curiosity with the desire and aptitude to hunt for information.
- Good at performing analysis and applying critical thinking to solve fraudulent issues/ puzzles.
- Staying up to date with evolving trends through news, blogs and whitepapers as the nature of fraud is constantly evolving
- A candidate with integrity, professionalism, and who is unafraid to ask questions or ask for help when needed.
- At least 1 year of experience in field, industry, or role
- The following certifications, although not required, are helpful and would be looked upon favorably (as well as the desire and motivation to obtain):
- CAMS, CFE, CRC.
- Natural curiosity, ability (and aptitude) to leverage public domain information, and refine into actionable open source intelligence (OSINT).
- Experience with MS Office and/or GSuite are necessary.
- Experience in or aptitude for utilizing internet tools for effectively searching public domain information is necessary.
- Knowledge of SQL is not required, but will be looked upon favorably.
- Chinese language speakers preferred, not required
- Good verbal and written English
What We Offer
- Gym membership, massage, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Manila: Transportation to the office is provided, along with a data allowance
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.