Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Verification Associate who is great at probing, communicating, making thorough investigations, providing quality customer service, connecting with team members, monitoring user activity, and providing further support to their team members to join our Compliance Team. This role will aim to provide accurate and quality customer focused problem solving in line with Paxful’s culture and mission .You will be based out of our Manila office and report to our Senior Manager, Compliance-Verifications.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Review and monitor complex customer verification documents and cases
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases
- Interact via chat/email with customers to address questions about verification
- Escalate any suspicions cases for further investigations
- Share knowledge across teams, delivering a great customer experience and contributing through side projects and ideas on process, policy or product improvements
- Monitor users’ accounts and trading activity for suspicious or risky activity in accordance with the company's rules and regulations
- Assist in a clearing of various AML monitoring alerts, and support on other duties as assigned
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
Knowledge of the following:
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and control time effectively
- Punctuality, independence, proactivity and willingness to get things done
- Strong ability in using IT for professional use and can handle somewhat technical queries from customers.
- Able to work independently
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency & blockchain
- Knowledge of common AML typologies
- Working in shifts
- Experience with Start-up roles
- Ability to motivate employees
- A sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Project management
- Good time-management
- Data Analysis
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at handling multiple responsibilities at once, and able to respond positively to complexity and uncertainty.
- Collaborate and work in a global, virtual team environment
- Mindset of innovation and creativity, capability to design, develop, implement and evaluate solutions to unique business situations
- At least 2 years experience as a customer service representative, preferably in the finance industry or E-commerce
- 2 year of previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector
- Have used Jumio, Trulioo or another verification provider
- Experienced with Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience in Anti-fraud area or Compliance is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency/blockchain field is a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What We Offer
- Gym membership, massage, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
- Manila: Transportation to the office is provided, along with a data allowance
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.