Pawp is on a mission to make the future of pet care more accessible and affordable. Pawp offers a 24/7 digital clinic allowing pet parents to have unlimited, appointment-free chats with licensed veterinary professionals, and a financial safety net for emergency vet bills. Pawp provides the tools pet parents need to keep their pets healthy, happy, and free of economic strain. Pawp was founded by the same team who built, scaled and sold Paribus to Capital One and Clarity Money to Goldman Sachs.
- Growing 50%+ MoM! — first movers in a market that is valued at $90bn+ with 180m pets in the US.
- Has grown exponentially since Series A. On pace to 10x this year!
- Team of 40+ with an incredible culture and amazing growth opportunities. Looking to create the foundational leadership culture and continue building exciting people, product, partnership, and strategic opportunities.
- Founders have previously built fintech startups (Paribus, Clarity Money, Common Bond) and which were then acquired by big industry names likes Capital One & Goldman Sachs
About The Role
Pawp's operations team is on a mission to provide the best possible telehealth experience for Pawp members by creating & optimizing processes and workflows and growing a network of world-class veterinary professionals.
Pawp is looking for a Veterinary Operations Manager. This role will own relationships with our team of veterinary professionals, who in partnership with Pawp, will ultimately help provide the best telehealth experience for our members. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will play a leading role in ensuring key KPIs are set and being met. The role provides an opportunity to lead and grow a team to new heights.
What You'll Do
- Proactively own and support Pawp's most important partners, our veterinary professionals, by providing white-glove service and building client-focused material.
- Work closely with the Lead Veterinary Advisor to provide resources and educational materials to Veterinary Professionals team and develop SOPs to ensure that advice and guidance given by veterinary professional team is consistent.
- Work cross-functionally between teams internally to ensure that new product features and launches are being communicated effectively. Manage feedback loop between our Veterinary Professional team and Product, Design, & Engineering.
- Develop and maintain processes, training material, procedures, and best practices for our Vet team.
- Have a can-do attitude and team-first mentality. Be able to juggle multiple priorities while troubleshooting and supporting the team, as needed.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of operations experience, preferably in a veterinary clinic setting.
- Veterinary Technician License or Certification and 5+ years experience in the field.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a growing team of veterinary professionals.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions, identify trends, and implement changes based on data.
- A strong drive and relentless curiosity to learn and grow, and a passion for creating the best telehealth experience for Pawp members. A self-starter and all-around team player.
- Experience working in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment or relevant work experience in early-stage start-ups.
- A passion for pets!
What You Get
- Responsibility in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- To build large scale distributed systems from the ground up
- World-class talent and team
- A chance to be a defining member of the team, with equity to match
- 100% free medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Pawp Perks
- Empowerment | Pawp is still young, so new team members have the opportunity to make their mark in creating the foundation of each role and team they're a part of. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively and collaboratively to build new products and solutions for pet parents. Each team member values the freedom and flexibility given to make their roles their own.
- Communication | Pawp has grown quickly over the past year and to continues to scale the company at a rapid pace, communication has been key. Departments are consistently working together in person and online to develop the best strategies to achieve goals, meet deadlines, and change the future of pet telehealth.
- Dedication | The team at Pawp is dedicated to innovating and building a unique product that will make pet care more accessible and affordable for all pet parents.
- Kindness | Pawp evaluates candidates based on kindness before anything. Marc and Andrew have built a team of genuinely good people who respect one another and enjoy working together.