Pawp is on a mission to make the future of pet care more accessible and affordable. Pawp includes a 24/7 digital clinic for pets that allows members to have unlimited, appointment-free chats with licensed vets, and a financial safety net for emergency vet bills. Pawp provides the tools pet parents need to keep their pets healthy, happy, and free of economic strain. Pawp was founded by the same team who built, scaled and sold Paribus to Capital One and Clarity Money to Goldman Sachs.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Web engineer who is excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech culture at Pawp. As an early member of the Web engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and shipping core features including our telehealth solution, pet professional marketplace, insurance offerings, product recommendations, and beyond. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. We look for candidates with a strong sense of ownership who enjoy taking projects from ideation to production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they're familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you'll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and will have a large, long-term impact on Pawp's engineering culture.
What You'll do
- Build a performant and scalable web app to showcase Pawp's innovative products
- Ship web features using Typescript, React, Gatsby, Apollo, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, etc.
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product
- Help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features at scale
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Pawp's core values of providing pets the best care possible
Nice to Haves
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Typescript, React, Gatsby, Apollo, GraphQL, CSS in-JS, etc.
- Passion for web animations
- Passion for pets
What you get
- Responsibility in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Build large scale distributed systems from the ground up
- World-class talent and team
- A chance to be a defining member of the team, with equity to match
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited PTO