Pawp is on a mission to make the future of pet care more accessible and affordable. Pawp includes a 24/7 digital clinic for pets that allows members to have unlimited, appointment-free chats with licensed vets, and a financial safety net for emergency vet bills. Pawp provides the tools pet parents need to keep their pets healthy, happy, and free of economic strain. Pawp was founded by the same team who built, scaled and sold Paribus to Capital One and Clarity Money to Goldman Sachs.
About the Role
We are looking for a Growth Marketing Specialist who is excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant growth organization that is on a mission to make pet care more accessible and affordable for all pet parents. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Growth and the Head of CX to take ownership of and scale our email and SMS efforts for both our owned channels as well as paid or earned channels (via strategic partners). We look for candidates with a strong sense of ownership who enjoy taking projects from ideation to execution. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly and being agile. You will be coming onboard during an extremely exciting time and will be able to have a massive impact.
What You'll do
- You will take complete ownership of the execution and continuous improvement of the email and SMS marketing acquisition channels at Pawp
- You will take the lead on executing co-marketing campaigns with external strategic partners by arming them with creatives, marketing copy, email templates, custom landing pages, and other tools that ensure success of each partnership and maximizes customer acquisition
- You will evolve and constantly optimize Pawp's audience segmentation and campaign flows as well as implement new ones as needed to support user acquisition targets
- You will establish rigorous A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, email cadence and timing and constantly improve performance.
- You will work closely with the rest of the growth team to re-engage and activate customers and leads acquired through other channels
- You will be responsible for putting together Pawp's weekly newsletter and eBlasts in coordination with our Brand and Content teams.
- You will own SMS and email KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, and acquisition volumes
- You will be responsible for the health and reputation of our sender domain by implementing and continuously improving maintenance processes
- You will report on KPI metrics and make recommendations on how to continuously improve customer acquisition and retention
- You will launch collaborations with other brands in an effort to grow Pawp's SMS and email list via joint giveaways and other types of collaborations on platforms such as Dojomojo or others
What You'll Need
- You love pets and want to be part of our mission to make pet care more accessible and affordable to all pet parents
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience with proven success in owned channels such as email, SMS, mobile push notifications.
- You are capable of owning and managing our ESP system, Customer.io and deeply understand its interoperability with other technologies used at Pawp.
- You have knowledge of using/creating personalized & dynamic templates based on user attributes and segments
- You have a balance of creative mindset and an analytical approach. You understand the importance of data in making decisions and making improvements to existing processes.
- You’re a gifted writer, especially in short-form content including email copy, headlines, calls-to-action, etc.
- You have a strong drive and a relentless curiosity to learn and grow.
- You complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance and excellent attention to detail. and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
Nice to Haves
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Able to create basic designs using tools like Canva
- Experience in the pet space
What you get
- Responsibility in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Build large scale distributed systems from the ground up
- World-class talent and team
- A chance to be a defining member of the team, with equity to match
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited PTO