Pattern is looking for a Director of ECommerce; this person will play a central role in delivering our ambitious growth plans, overseeing ECommerce for our portfolio of brands. This role will be responsible for scaling, expanding, and optimizing our digital storefronts. Our ideal candidate is a true general manager with strong commercial instincts and a track record of driving exponential sales growth and LTV. Must be able to demonstrate experience scaling and driving revenue for an established brand or retailer with multimillion dollar scale, and P&L ownership.
The candidate will possess superb analytic skills, digging deep into data to craft critical objectives, strategies and tactics, and then turning insight into action to drive results. This candidate will shepherd cross-functional alignment with the Engineering / Digital Product team, Marketing, Merchandising, and Growth to execute a strategic vision around SEO, conversion rate optimization, and overall performance on our website and checkout. This role will partner with all teams at Pattern and have significant founder and leadership exposure. This role will report to the Head of Portfolio Revenue Operations.
This is a remote position but must be based in the United States.
- Ownership of P&L and optimizing it in order to deliver the business profit
- Develop and execute the annual eCommerce plan in line with the internal planning process and ensure that the online growth strategy aligns with the organization's overall business strategy. Must know the business inside and out to further develop upside in addition to risk mitigation plans to achieve monthly new customer and revenue forecasts
- Manage key drivers behind sales and gross profit margin, including: traffic, average order value and conversion, to ensure the team is on track to meet or exceed the plan. Own day-to-day analytics and reporting on DTC KPIs, covering sales results & site performance. Act as a focal point for progress reporting on key initiatives, including timely updates/presentations to the Senior Leadership Team, Marketing Leadership Team, Engineering and other key stakeholders.
- Own strategy for DTC promotional calendar for each brand to drive incremental revenue
- Understanding and recommending best-in-class site functionality based on competitive analysis and iterative testing of site experiences
- Work with the sales planning team to perform the pertinent sales analyses and forecasting to help foresee risk and opportunities
- Partnering with Head of Revenue Operations to communicate to executives and other key stakeholders the strategies driving eCommerce, a vision and roadmap for future growth, and provides ongoing status updates across initiatives.
- Work closely with Growth and Digital Experience teams to drive enhancements to customer experience, conversion rate improvement, marketing optimization etc
- Leading and managing cross-functional teams on project implementation - aligning on timelines and ensuring progress - across initiatives that generate sustainable growth and long-term profitability for the DTC business
- Work with Merchandising Lead & eCommerce manager on site management (including content, financial reporting, and opportunities for strategic initiatives)
- Manage milestones, deadlines and scheduling for multiple simultaneous projects, keeping the team up to date with progress and decisions
- Diligently monitor competitive developments across online retail and other innovative brands.
- Building a playbook of scalable and repeatable best practices and incorporate them as we roll out subsequent acquisitions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business/Commerce, or other related field required. Post-graduate (MBA) preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of P&L management experience in the DTC environment - preferably with a focus on eCommerce or performance marketing. Candidates who do not have demonstrated DTC experience will not be considered for this role.
- Familiarity with brand and product marketing frameworks and validation methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple projects & workstreams, while being a strong cross-functional team player
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Experience in Google Analytics and Shopify a must
- Strong communication skills and a talent for distilling complex ideas into consumer-facing language
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.