Pattern is looking for a Director of Accounting to join our growing team. This role will lead the day-day accounting, reporting and GAAP compliance for a fast-growing M&A business; including, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and Payroll.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must excel in attention to detail, being able to multitask and operate in a fast-paced high growth environment and identifying and designing process improvements/efficiencies, as well as ensuring compliance across the entirety of the portfolio.
This person must be a clear communicator who is comfortable interacting with team members across all levels and departments; both finance and non-finance related personnel.
This role will partner with our Director of Finance (FP&A), and report into our Head of Finance. They must have proven experience at scaling an accounting organization through continued growth; initially the role will oversee an external accounting firm, with the intention to bring in-house with continued scale.
This role will be a remote position, but must be based in the United States.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all day-to-day accounting operational functions for a rapidly growing and evolving company, with multiple business units
- Lead the migration of our accounting functions from third-party accountants to in house across the coming 12 months
- Develop and improve accounting processes, controls, systems, and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of reporting, controls, processes, and systems
- Partner with FP&A on accounting impacts to financial results
- Input into budget/forecast process
- Work closely with internal and external audits
- Partner with business leaders on integration of acquisitions to ensure consistency in processes and reporting with no disruption to accounting or business operations
- Be the primary point of contact for the business on routine accounting related issues
- Assist with various FP&A related matters: cash flow forecasting, tax compliance, budgeting, board meeting preparation, etc.
- Assist the tax compliance, and assist external tax advisors with the tax filing preparation
- Assist in identifying and migrating to scalable technology solutions including an ERP system to support the growing business
- Recruit, supervise, develop any internal staff accountants, as we grow our accounting function
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required; MBA a plus
- 8+ years experience, preferably a combination of public accounting and industry. Retail and/or Consumer Products industry experience required.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, strong knowledge of SEC regulations, and SOX controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ERP system experience a plus
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with Finance and non-Finance personnel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.