Pattern is looking for an eCommerce & Sales Lead, Amazon to help grow our presence and sales on Amazon across the portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Business Operations, this role will be required to manage and collaborate with external (agencies) and internal partners (sales, marketing, and inventory) to deliver on annual revenue targets in multiple markets.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of Net Revenue, Retail Sales, and P&L targets.
This position is remote, based in the United States.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop eCommerce Amazon strategy and business objectives; implement KPI dashboard and overall forecast attainment and budget
- Own day-to-day commercial relationship with Amazon US while closely collaborating with external (agency) and internal cross-functional teams.
- Analyze, manage and optimize Amazon performance with a focus on CVR, AOV, traffic, reputation indicators like product ratings and other key metrics to ensure traffic converts to sales and repeat purchase
- Own execution of perfect store online at Amazon. Work with our external partners to ensure product keyword listings, product page content, etc. are optimized for search rankings.
- Own operational excellence with Amazon (including: supply chain operations, data cleanliness, and forecast accuracy)
- Continually monitor the item level inventory in multiple fulfillment centers. Liaise with inventory and supply chain team to ensure consistent inventory supply
- Collaborate closely with CX to ensure prompt response to customer questions, email, reviews, and other inquiries are handled within SLAs
- 4+ years of CPG E-Commerce experience with comprehensive knowledge of Amazon’s business model. Amazon experience required
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen, with demonstrated data-driven approach to business management
- Proven track record of delivering results and generating growth using marketplaces
- Strong Project Management skills
- Category Management (Pricing Analysis, Assortment Analysis, Market Share Analysis)
- Account & Relationship Management experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed. As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected,medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.