Pattern is looking for a Product Development and Production Associate to support the day-to-day activities within our Product Supply Chain team. In this role the candidate will work across teams to translate ideas into finished products, while optimizing cost, quality and lead time. The candidate will assist with end-to-end NPI and product sustaining. This includes vendor management and evaluation, product development, cost negotiations, sourcing, production and quality assurance.
This position is based in New York City.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Supply Chain to establish strategy and timelines for new product development and sourcing activities.
- Assist with ongoing tasks for product development, sourcing and production across Pattern Brands.
- Manage multiple projects, ensuring that they stay on time and meet required specifications.
- Assist with new product development quotes and RFQ process.
- Responsible for detailed data management including SKU data, packaging artwork, purchase orders and Bill of Materials.
- Manage all samples, including tracking, assembly, organization and documenting changes across versions.
- Communicate with overseas and domestic vendor partners to manage ongoing projects in development and production. Ensure they meet the timelines and all quality standards.
- Partner with the Director of Supply Chain to onboard new suppliers and manage existing vendor relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet all compliance testing requirements.
- Assist in outlining sustainability initiatives and researching new materials.
- 3+ years of previous experience in a role, preferably in product development, sourcing, supply chain or production. Experience in homegoods (hard goods and soft goods) is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including Google suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software and collaborative project management tools and processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to regularly lift 30+ lbs.
- Are independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Possess the ability to think/work independently, using good judgment when situations arise for which there is no established protocol.
- Are resourceful, you understand that constraints breed creativity, and you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, and over-communicate with your team.
- Have a sense of humor.
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed. As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected,medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.