This role operates across the full Pattern portfolio, leading all sales and account management for our rapidly scaling Wholesale business.
The Director of Sales is responsible for driving top-line revenue growth through new business and existing retail partners, and will play a critical role in cultivating meaningful relationships, both internal and external, to unlock new financial opportunities.
This person will work hand in hand with marketing, strategy, and creative to drive launches and overall brand growth. The candidate will be able to manage key relationships, drive brand vision, track results, and optimize based on prior learnings.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience as buyer or sales leader (preferably in homewares, decor and/or tabletop), and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Build best in class partnership with retail partners to most effectively maximize working relationship and deliver on sales goals
- Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products towards revenue and profitability goals on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Own budgeting and forecasting across channel and product levels
- Responsible for the tactical, daily execution of the business and all account needs, including merchandising objectives, operational optimization, budgets, and building customer relationships with all partners
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; partner with planning to assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Work cross-functionally with the Planning, Operations, Finance, Marketing, and PR teams to execute on our goals and advocate for the brand with external partners and consumers at point of sale. Including partnering with marketing to develop 360 activation plans around key brand launches.
- Be a brand advocate both internally and externally who can “sell” in big brand ideas and opportunities
- Manage direct report and external sales teams, alongside building internal team as channel scales
- Travel as needed for trade shows and store visits to run product knowledge seminars and ensure proper representation of the brand in each account
- 7-10+ years of industry-specific experience in the retail or consumer products field
- Proven success with meeting and exceeding sales targets in a dynamic setting
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Superior analytical skills and sound business and financial judgment
- Thrives in a fast-faced, rapidly changing environment, and has a player-coach mentality
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.