We are looking for a Logistics Manager / Coordinator to join the Pattern Operations team.
The role is responsible for leading all inbound logistics, and oversees the flow of product from departure at our suppliers to receipt at our 3PL, across all channels - both existing and future: DTC, Retail and Wholesale.
A primary component of the role is optimizing pack-out strategy to increase container utilization rates, and ensuring the most time and cost effective inbound freight forwarding from our international suppliers to our domestic 3PL.
The goal of the Operations, Logistics & Distribution team is to deliver an excellent customer experience while protecting and improving margin.
- Work with Supply Chain Production team to ensure all Purchase Orders are confirmed and CRD due dates are being met (entirety of order produced on time)
- Calendar/Project management from projected CRD to receipt at our 3PL(s)
- Manage deadlines and important dates cross-functionally with team members
- Optimize pack-out, including cross-consolidation of shipments across all business lines, to increase container utilization rates
- Estimate and book all inbound freight, and wholesale outbound shipments
- Track all inbound shipments to ensure timely departure and arrival
- Responsible for reviewing inbound freight, 3PL receiving and tariff / duty invoices for compliance to contracts
- Work on quarterly and annual analysis of freight forwarder’s performance and rates: compare bids across multiple freight forwarders and work on forecasting yearly container volume in order to ensure cheaper rates for the contract year
- Work with Supply Chain Production team to maintain and update Material composition for all SKUs in order to accurately assign HTS codes for international shipping
- Own all customs, tariff and duties inbound paperwork
- Create weekly and monthly inbound reports so that the team have insight on available inventory
- Act as the point of contact for all receiving needs in our 3PL(s)
- Ensure all logistics vendors are maintaining the highest levels of performance and complying with contractual standards for cost and service
- Partner with Finance to maintain metrics and analyze all data related to inbound costs and KPI’s
- Present monthly metrics and quarterly KPI’s to management teams and the organization
- Support the Director, Operations, Logistics & Distribution on special projects and other needs as required to support and grow Pattern in the future as business needs arise
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain / logistics / operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and a talent for distilling complex ideas into consumer-facing language
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Are skilled at prioritizing and synthesizing complex inputs
- Are resourceful, understand that constraints breed creativity, and thrive in an environment that includes limited resources
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, and over-communicate with our team
- Have a sense of humor
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.