We are looking for a seasoned general manager and product marketer to lead brand management and consumer insights functions at Pattern across our portfolio of brands.
If you are passionate about learning from consumers and identifying unmet needs, bringing ideas to life through physical products and enhancing them with digital experiences, and building and coaching a team, this role is for you. As Director of Brand Management, you will lead Pattern’s innovation pipeline, merchandising, insights, and strategic growth opportunities.
You will identify new white spaces for growth based on consumer needs and trends, develop and validate concepts, and create revenue and margin-accretive innovation that delivers value for Pattern. You will also partner closely with Growth & Digital Product to build and optimize digital experiences to effectively merchandise and sell our products, and lead cross-functional teams to plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns.You will drive Pattern’s insights and research agendas across brands and functions to ensure all decisions across Pattern are being made in accordance with our principle of “direct with consumer”, i.e., by listening to our consumers’ pain points, desires, and needs. Finally, you will develop a strategic partnerships roadmap for our products, considering new channels and means of selling to accelerate our growth.
This role is currently scoped to manage direct reports for Open Spaces and Equal Parts. The scope and team size are expected to grow with Pattern’s portfolio.
- Become the expert on our market and competitive landscape, analyzing opportunities and threats our brands may encounter
- Leverage insights and data to determine our brands’ stretchability, right to play and win
- Map innovation pipeline recommendations and prioritize initiatives in partnership with Physical Product and Supply Chain team
- Size opportunities and prioritize based on scale vs. complexity
- Develop and validate resonant and relevant product propositions that are positioned to win in the market
- Lead brand managers in translating product ideas into fully-fleshed out concepts with product names, merchandising, pricing, and key messaging
- Act as the advocate for brand and consumer in product development, fighting to keep the quality and experience bar high amidst competing needs
- Partner with Brand Marketing and Growth teams to inform marketing communications strategy and briefs
- Work with Finance and Growth leaders to establish and track toward brand KPIs
- Determine priorities within established budgets and allocate resources to maximize impact
- Lead product-focused integrated marketing campaigns, providing direction and coaching to cross-functional project teams and ensuring a clear critical path and responsibilities across team members
- Collaborate with Growth and Digital Product on how to maximize the productivity of our existing assortment through merchandising optimization
- Drive our insights and learning agenda to better understand our consumer
- Support Consumer Insights Lead in mapping hypotheses and questions to the right methodologies, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative insights tools
- Identify opportunities to meet our consumer’s needs through our products, communications, and experience
- Oversee consumer segmentation and ongoing view of consumer personas
- Identify strategic opportunities for Pattern to drive incremental awareness, trial, and growth
- Develop and prioritize a partnership roadmap, and lead execution of potential opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA nice to have, but not required)
- 8+ years of experience in brand management, business development, or consumer insights with a focus on innovation
- At least 3 of those years leading a team
- Understanding of the e-commerce funnel, with prior e-commerce experience a significant plus
- Familiarity with brand and product marketing frameworks and validation methodologies
- Experience leading innovation processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and a talent for distilling complex ideas into consumer-facing language
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Are a consumer-first thinker who is passionate about learning about what drives people, what they need, and what resonates with them
- Are happiest when turning ideas into products
- Are equal parts analytical, strategic, and creative
- Are excited to partner with a Digital Product team to make great products even more special through digital experiences
- Are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- Are skilled at prioritizing and synthesizing complex inputs
- Are resourceful, understand that constraints breed creativity, and thrive in an environment that includes limited resources
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, and over-communicate with your team
- Have a sense of humor
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.