Retention Marketing Manager
Who we are
Launching in Summer 2019, Pattern is a family of brands on a mission to transform how you enjoy daily life. Our brands are intentionally designed to help you reclaim fulfillment in the process of making, shaping and doing.
Pattern is led by Emmett Shine, Nick Ling, and a tested team of startup experts from Gin Lane. In the last decade with Gin Lane, they’ve built and scaled the foundation of over 50 digitally native vertical brands.
We are based in Chinatown, New York and proudly backed by some of the most prominent investors in consumer goods.
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, results-driven retention marketing expert to build and execute on our overall messaging and product marketing strategy with the goal of converting our users into customers, driving repeat purchases and minimizing churn for our paid membership subscription, through effective retention marketing campaigns.
The Retention Marketing Manager will join our Manhattan office and report directly to the Director of Growth. This role resides on our Growth team which sits at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology with the overall responsibility for driving significant revenue growth for Pattern’s umbrella of brands.
- Develop customer centric strategies and tactics to drive customer and subscriber retention and engagement through personalization and cohort management
- Manage the overall messaging calendar for all Pattern brands, coordinating timelines across multiple stakeholders to ensure our calendar maximizes engagement and minimizes churn
- Own and develop the automated lifecycle experience from user (new to list, site visitor) to customer to membership subscriber to lifetime customer/member
- Create and execute data-driven, dynamic campaigns for ecommerce conversion ( cart/browse abandon, reengagement, onboarding, upsell flows) as well as seasonal, timely campaigns
- Work closely with the Pattern product and brand marketing teams to implement a number of product marketing and customer experience optimization initiatives.
- Collaborate with the product and tech team to grow our subscriber base, decrease churn, and maximize our customer lifetime value for Pattern members
- Deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing to improve user/customer retention
- Own end-to-end email/text campaign operations such as scheduling, production coordination, HTML coding, QA, deployment, and analysis
- Cleanse lists and manage the technical side of email/text marketing (deliverability, SPAM, etc.)
- Participate in the creative process from copywriting to collaborating closely with stakeholders and designers to guide development of campaign creative
- Report on performance KPIs driving decisions around future retention marketing initiatives
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in a retention marketing or email role, driving actionable results through creative marketing tactics at a digital product and/or consumer brand
- Proficient with ESPs and mobile messaging platforms, email flow building, personalization and drip campaign creation (we use Iterable)
- Deep familiarity with ecommerce and performance-driven marketing
- Ability to deep dive into performance data on a daily basis, drawing conclusions and building campaign strategy based on data.
- Familiarity with web analytics and marketing platforms (Google Analytics, Yotpo, Dojomojo, etc.)
- Experience with SQL or BI tools like Looker/Mode to unearth insights a major plus
- Iterable ESP and Kustomer CRM experience a major plus
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent work experience with a track-record of success
- Pay close attention to detail and can manage multiple projects and priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Are highly organized, self-starter who takes initiative and works effectively with little oversight.
- Have a relentless focus on improvement, optimizing towards goals and continuous learning
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, and over-communicate with your team
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- Commuter Benefits for Parking and Transit
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
- Breakfast every Monday, plus free drinks and snacks every day
- Company activities including happy hours, company BBQ’s, Town Halls, and more!