Our mission is to fund the creative class. We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a profitable business as a professional creator.
We strive for greatness and cherish a growth mindset. We are building a team that is both performance-oriented and compassionate. We value curiosity, learning, and feedback. We expect excellence from ourselves and each other.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Diverse perspectives will help us serve a diverse community of creators and patrons. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team will accomplish our mission more effectively.
What you will do:
- Build and lead the team that executes Patreon’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and strategic planning
- Manage an efficient and effective financial planning process; oversee all elements of Patreon’s financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting; partner with teams across Patreon to anticipate our revenues and expenses; compile and communicate a comprehensive financial plan; lead the financial planning aspects of our investor relations
- Oversee all elements of our market sizing and analysis; compile excellent market research and analytics
- Build a system that monitors our competitive landscape and informs our strategic decision-making; synthesize takeaways from other departments’ research
- Use our market research and competitive analysis to maintain an outstanding strategic plan
- Play a leading role in Patreon’s fundraising decisions and execution; oversee the fundraising process and ensure that Patreon achieves its fundraising objectives
- Evaluate new and existing lines of business that will help Patreon accomplish its mission and hit its revenue goals; partner with product managers and other departments to help Patreon develop and refine business plans
- Support teams throughout Patreon with outstanding financial modeling and advice
- Support our VP of Business Development and Partnerships on the financial aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships
- Support Patreon’s efforts to help creators understand and optimize their businesses, such as item pricing models and information about recurring revenue businesses
- Build systems that help Patreon spend its money effectively; define our spending policy; develop resources that help teams manage their spending and negotiate effectively
- Manage Patreon’s treasury function; ensure that Patreon manages its cash effectively, particularly as we expand internationally and localize our product and services
- Work with outstanding teammates from all walks of life
- Support Patreon in its mission of funding the creative class
What skills and qualities we seek:
- You strive for greatness. Your curiosity is limitless. You have a growth mindset and an intense desire to learn and explore. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for others in addition to yourself. You’re an expert at giving and receiving feedback.
- You have excellent strategic planning and financial modeling skills. You know how to evaluate business opportunities and model their contribution to a business’s financial performance.
- You have outstanding analytical thinking -- you ask incisive questions that uncover the heart of an issue. You frame data so that it effectively conveys the right takeaways. You have outstanding attention to detail.
- You’re prepared to build and lead a team that contributes to a culture of high performance and unusual compassion.
- You have excellent communication skills. You develop cogent arguments based on incisive analysis. You compile those arguments in references that align our team around our top priorities.
- You know how to develop and enforce effective spending policies.
- You deeply understand financial planning for a global business. You know how to build a team that handles the financial elements of multinational planning and operations.
- You’re equipped with the knowledge and curiosity to anticipate Patreon’s finance and strategy challenges as we grow.
- As a rough guideline, you have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience.
Whom you’ll work with:
- This role reports to the VP of Data Science and Operations, who reports to the CEO.
- We are building an accounting function that will partner closely with the FP&A function.
- The FP&A and Strategy function will partner with the rest of the business so that the entire organization understands our financial plan and strategy.
We aim to build an FP&A and Strategy function that sets an industry-leading example for excellence. If you’re eager to address this challenge and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.