We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will get to do:
- Build and maintain the state of the art systems that help make Patreon more secure.
- Instrument and monitor our systems and networks; investigating unusual activity.
- Automate the detection, monitoring and reporting of vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with great folks in Patreon’s DevOps and Engineering teams to advise on best practices.
- Automate tooling and processes to eliminate as much manual work as possible.
- Harden our systems and network against exploitation and privilege escalation.
- Improve signal detection and alerting capabilities.
- Help ensure our creators’ livelihoods are protected from bad actors.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Enjoy designing and implementing effective attack detection technologies to protect network boundaries and keep systems secure.
- Thorough familiarity with techniques used by real world attackers and are able to prioritize efforts based on this knowledge.
- Willingness to compromise when necessary and hold firm when it's essential.
- Proficiency in at least one modern coding language (Python, Go, etc.)
- Solid understanding of web application and database architecture.
- Experience creating readable, tested, maintainable code.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Have worked with operations teams and understands the importance of DevOps.
- Understand cryptography concepts and their applications.
- Able to prioritize your work within a fast-moving team.
- Experience hosting 3rd party pen tests
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with bug bounty programs
- Experience with incident response
- Experience with configuration management tools (especially Ansible)
Who you’ll work with:
- An energetic team full of passion for our product.
- Teammates who excel not only at their job but often have artistic talents.
- Teammates who are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work.