We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for someone to ….
Build and expand a high-performing, world-class product design team. Your team is designing for creators which is the toughest customer you can have. We’re also building products that have never been built before while solving large-scale problems. If you’re excited about customer-centered design, building amazing teams, and the personal and professional development of those around you then this is the role for you.
What you would do:
- Lead Patreon’s design vision and strategy, from our design principles, to our culture and processes
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of product designers
- Lead efforts to recruit stellar product designers and grow the team to meet the fast-paced needs of our team
- Partner with product management, engineering, experience research and others to improve product processes and cross-functional collaboration
- Partner with marketing and brand design to maintain a consistent visual language across our product experiences
- Be the decision maker on tough design problems and strike a balance between speed and quality of execution
- Participate in high-level strategic decisions with key stakeholders and executive team
Skills you possess:
- 5+ years of experience managing and scaling a team of product designers.
- 8+ years of experience designing digital product experiences.
- Expert in design process including research and critique
- Excellent track record of leading teams through a user-centered design process to ship elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design systems creation and expansion - proven expertise in implementing design systems
- Management and coaching: record of building high-performing design teams, tough conversations, and candor
- Recruiting: Excellent network and history of recruiting and hiring talented product designers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including group presentation
- You have a deep understanding of digital product design and visual design best practices
- Bonus points for:
- Extensive user research experience
- You have web development experience and are familiar with React
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Design for varied customers with differing needs: creators and patrons
- Scaling a global company
- Leading design teams through unsolved problems in an industry that hasn’t yet been defined