We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Define product positioning and create compelling assets across a wide range of marketing channels to show that Patreon is the single best place for creators to earn the living they deserve
- Develop messaging to help clearly explain Patreon’s benefits to prospective creators
- Cultivate a deep sense of trust in Patreon as a company
- Create and execute go-to-market plans to attract new creators and provide value to existing creators
- Translate traditional B2B techniques for product marketing into something that resonates with creators
- Collaborate closely with other marketing and communications team members to ensure that key product messages are heard and that messaging is consistent, accurate, and on-brand
- Work with brand manager and product team to name new products within guidelines and to help tell the overall story of Patreon and its value for creators
- Provide ongoing education to our creators about trust & safety policies, highlighting a creator-centric point of view
- Propagate Community Guidelines to ensure creators act within them (or can be rehabilitated if not)
- Work with user experience research to understand policy impacts in advance
- Cultivate ongoing communications programs around these policies, underscoring the benefits and impacts to creators
- Understand the user journey and the needs creators have at each stage in order to inform marketing efforts
- Dig into data to understand the efficacy of your marketing efforts and optimize your efforts in the future
- Work closely with our Community Manager and User Experience Researcher to understand key trends that will impact your work
- Stay current with the latest in marketing and industry trends, in order to inform your efforts
Skills you possess:
- You have 7+ years of marketing experience, with at least 3+ in product marketing
- You’ve handled multiple aspects of product launches with 10+ stakeholders
- You’ve got experience working with Trust & Safety teams, particularly around communicating key features
- You’re great at building relationships internally and externally
- You love to collaborate and will bring a marketing focus to cross-functional teams that consist of product, design, engineering, creator relations, creator care, community happiness, trust and safety, communications and marketing, among others
- You know how to translate both qualitative and quantitative creator feedback into valuable insights that will help you be ever-improving product marketing efforts
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- You can readily adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product development
- You have a deep understanding that products aren’t just features, but also the sum total of interactions and touchpoints that make an experience
- You appreciate community and want to engage with our creators
- You can juggle multiple projects seamlessly
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an amazing career move and an opportunity to be on the forefront of membership and helping creators to build careers. It's also an opportunity to grow out this function at Patreon. You'll get to build deep relationships across the organization.
- You'll get to learn how to help creators grow their business, how to build out this function, and get to dig into the guts of all the cool products we're building, and suggest some enhancements of your own.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work