Do you believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world? We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid for their work. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run their creative business, so that creators can focus on creating.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support our growing product demands, Patreon is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our Mobile team and help us build efficient processes and a delightful, performant mobile app that takes our experience to the next level.
Impact you will have:
- You'll build the foundation for mobile that helps creators earn a living and enables higher levels of creativity.
- You'll establish a standard of great user experience for Patreon's mobile apps.
- You'll influence the direction of our technical roadmap.
What you will do:
- Define the architecture and build the features and libraries that help us deploy great user experiences on mobile.
- Work closely with product and design to deliver value to creators and patrons.
- Train and mentor your colleagues.
- Vet new technologies to support our app’s needs and improve the productivity of your co-workers.
- Prototype experimental features to help assess project risk and scope.
- Guide the team in making improvements in our processes and best practices.
Projects you might work on:
- Build a feature to help creators manage their patron base from their mobile device.
- Enable creators to thank their patrons for their pledges using a short, customized video clip.
- Build a framework to support multivariate testing on our mobile platforms.
- Work with product and design to streamline the feedback process for users.
- Build tools that address engineering challenges and empower mobile engineers to work more efficiently.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have a deep understanding of the Android ecosystem.
- You have a track record of shipping apps that are constantly growing and evolving.
- You have participated in a robust shipping process, with a regular cadence and multiple stakeholders.
- You are knowledgeable about the toolset used for testing, debugging and performance tuning.
- You effectively navigate the trade-offs necessary to make wise engineering investments and regularly ship user value.
- You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
- You care about the craft of software development and take pride in what you ship.
- Your documentation and verbal communication skills are excellent, and you're able to collaborate and rally support with people on and off your team.
Who you’ll work with:
- You'll join a fast-moving and thoughtful team, many of whom are often creators themselves, full of passion for our product, and pride in the work they do both inside and outside of Patreon.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click .
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about , to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Thanks for taking the time to consider joining us at Patreon. We appreciate it.