We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class.
We make it easy to make Patreon better. We work fast and emphasize impact. We inform product, team and company strategy with clear, data-driven research and analytics. Our work culture is highly autonomous. You choose the projects that excite you most, help surface user and product insights, and collaborate with the rest of the company to drive product forward.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will get to do:
- Analyze key product, feature, and team performance.
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon.
- Counsel our product teams on defining success criteria, designing experiments, and measuring product efficacy.
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer big questions about our users.
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
What skills we ask for:
- You have 4+ years experience helping product teams make great decisions with data.
- You have solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly.
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity.
- You are comfortable querying large datasets.
- You are fluent in Python, familiar with R, and know how to manipulate data in Excel.
- You have a strong understanding of experimentation and statistical analysis.
- You can crisply communicate complicated information in charts and dashboards.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- Build a product that helps creators pay rent and enable higher levels of creativity.
- Focus on the problems that you feel will foster your best personal career growth.
- Have a fantastic time building a product that creators need to thrive.
Whom you’ll work with:
- An energetic team full of passion for our product
- Teammates who excel not only at their job but often have artistic talents
- Teammates who challenge the status quo and who make Patreon both diverse and inclusive
Our data team works with a mix of Postgres, MySQL, Python, R, Excel, Tableau, and Amplitude. If you think you’re capable of excelling at these tasks and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.