Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Frontend Engineer for our Content Engagement team to support our mission.
About the Role
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of new content experiences on Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the areas of system design, performance, and testing
- Drive clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Work with a fully cross functional team to define and deliver new product features
- Build a strong product-minded engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
- 10+ years of experience in software development, primarily on frontend
- Holds a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for UX and engineering detail
- Experience with React, Node.js and Yarn/NPM
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern web technologies, specifically REST
- Experience with build tools like Webpack, Babel, and CircleCI
- Preference for practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for solving complex requirements with elegant and simple solutions
- Excellent communication skills, values working on a team
- Enthusiastic about building for creators
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.