Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Director of Product Marketing for our Creator Tools team to support our mission.
About the Role:
- Partner with Product Management, Product Design, UXR, Engineering and Data Science to establish our product strategy and roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of creators and patrons through qualitative and quantitative research to understand their point points, alternatives in the market, and how we can better serve and message them.
- Lead and develop product positioning and messaging for Creator Tools product portfolio by understanding our brand, creator needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Drive go-to-market and growth of the Creator Tools product portfolio in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Build and develop a team of senior independent contributors to execute against a long-term go to market strategy
- 12+ years of experience in Marketing or related field with an emphasis on Product Marketing. Preference for consumer technology experience
- 4+ years managing product marketers
- Excellent communication capabilities and the ability to work across both highly technical and highly creative teams
- Outstanding leadership capabilities and experience building high functioning product marketing teams
- Deep experience and demonstrated success in managing large cross-functional teams to bring products to market
- Strong quantitative abilities and experience leading experimentation efforts
- Proven experience influencing product development and product strategy using both quantitative and qualitative insights
- Deep product intuition and demonstrated ability to discover meaningful insights and uncover latent user needs
- Based in SF or NYC areas with ability to be onsite 2 days a week.
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.