Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Growth Marketing Lead to support our mission.
About the role:
- Directly own and drive the creator acquisition growth marketing strategy – including performance, organic, and integrated marketing – which will play a critical role in Patreon’s ambition to fund the creative economy
- Work closely with Growth and Product leadership to develop and evaluate growth strategies to help millions of creators achieve creative and financial freedom with Patreon
- Own the success of new channel strategies, evaluated primarily by the number of successful new income-earning creators acquired through growth marketing channels and the efficiency (ROI) of those strategies
- Be individually responsible for planning and executing experimental validation of new campaigns, growth strategies, and channels
- Partner with Growth Product, Product Marketing, Creator Partnerships, Brand Marketing, Market Research, Content, and Design teams to develop a Growth Marketing strategy aligned with cross-company objectives.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, contractors, and freelance talent to nimbly evaluate and execute on strategic hypotheses
- Work with Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers to develop attribution, prediction, and forecast models to support the optimization, reporting, and analysis of campaign and channel performance.
- Work with Engineering to leverage data and technology to execute inventive scalable go to market strategies
- Explore scalable growth models suitable for Patreon’s creator base, product direction and strategy
- Partner with sales and channel partnership teams for strategic growth initiatives in key creator markets
- Evaluate and manage vendors and internal marketing technology projects required to scale successful strategies
- Communicate and work with executives and the broader company to gain buy-in and support for growth marketing strategies. Includes: consistent reporting, strategy alignment, and insights.
- Lead annual planning and roadmapping for digital media campaigns.
- Establish Growth Marketing as a strategic function at Patreon with the opportunity to eventually hire and grow a team after validating successful strategies
- Experienced Growth Marketer with 8+ years of experience in growth marketing and/or product marketing for consumer, multi-sided marketplace, and/or SMB SaaS at high-growth technology companies
- Multi-Channel Growth - You have deep experience in executive and developing strategies for organic and paid growth through multiple stages of scale for high-growth companies, such as:
- Organic Search/SEO/ASO, Paid Search, Paid Social, Referrals, Affiliates, Evangelism, Influencers/Podcasts, Content Marketing, Community Marketing, etc.
- Domain expertise in freemium, marketplace, and consumer/SMB SaaS models (Preferred)
- You have validated and launched new long term high-contribution growth engines from 0-to-1
- You have revived slowing growth channels caused by external market factors and internal execution
- Analytical and data-informed - You have excellent data analysis skills. You love to dive into numbers and to interrogate a growth engine or campaign’s performance to identify less obvious bottlenecks or high-leverage opportunities.
- Customer intuition - Proven ability to synthesize and interpret data, market, and customer insights into successful marketing strategies and creative execution.
- Creative excellence - Strong creative abilities and taste with proven ability to look at marketing communications through the eyes of the audience
- Experience in GTM-supported marketing settings where growth and sales teams collaborate to support
- First-principles thinker - You have a reputation for repeatably building new growth levers and thinking creatively and from first principles.
- Hands-on operator - You are scrappy and find creative ways to move things forward without always waiting on external resources. You are motivated by going deep into execution mode as much as by zooming out to the big picture.
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing tools and platforms, such as: Google Analytics and Marketing Platform, SEO services e.g. ahrefs, business intelligence tools e.g. Amplitude/Mixpanel/Mode/Looker/FullStory
- Experience running campaigns with advanced a/b experimentation, creative testing, and targeting strategies.
- Experience running incrementality tests to evaluate the true contribution of channel strategies over time.
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.