Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Staff UX Researcher for our Creator Tools team to support our mission.
About the Role:
- Define and execute on the research roadmap within creator tools org
- Design, conduct, and present research across key product areas within our creator and member product teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and in-depth interviews.
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to inform product direction based on research findings.
- Partner with data science to pair qualitative context with quantitative insights.
- Present research results and recommendations across the company. Cultivate and improve a culture of research throughout Patreon.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of UX research experience, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- The ability to work with a great degree of autonomy; comfort prioritizing across multiple teams
- Experience with survey design and analysis
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
Projects you may work on:
- Research to inform the usability and featureset of our member and creator mobile apps
- Research to understand what data creators need to have accessible to them in order to optimize their campaign and how they’d like Patreon to help them manage their paying members
- Research to understand creator and patron needs and pain points to inform future strategic product direction
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Learn how to build and grow a product in a rapidly scaling market
- Learn from an energetic team and research-minded cross-functional partners, all of whom are full of passion for our product and our mission
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.