Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Minor Safety Lead to join our Trust & Safety team.
Note: This role can be based out of NY, SF, or remote with willingness to travel to SF or NY.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of Minor Safety (MS) Program Managers and operations specialists focused on building efficiency and scale for minors on Patreon. Scope includes strategy and operational delivery around: Detection, Enforcement, Age Verification, and external partnerships.
- Represent and advocate for support needs with product development teams, policy, legal, design, and engineering teams within Patreon
- Work with the associated T&S teams to determine support requirements, analyze processes and tools, and drive the delivery of efficient support based on organizational goals, current operations, and understanding of new.
- Ensure the Product and Engineering team have full MS support and adequate MS guidance when designing and launching creator features. Own the MS Native Video Content Moderation process in partnership w/Engineering, Product, and Design.
- Scale MS Vendor Management, ensuring all relevant stakeholders have timely and adequate vendor management support.
- Support emergent, complex MS needs. Work closely with cross-functional teams from Policy, Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, Operations, Legal, Finance, and more.
- Develop operational metrics and strategic OKRs related to your function.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Leadership: Experience leading and training high-performing teams comprised of individual contributors. Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Experience managing large cross-functional projects and workshops.
- Minor Safety Program Management: Experience leading multiple global programs within a complex tech company. Experience working in a global setting with Product or Engineering leadership.
- Process management for requests from and escalations to law enforcement and/or government agencies.
- Process design and process improvement: Track record of designing, owning, and improving resilient processes cutting across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with some or all of these technologies: Slack, Asana, LucidChart, Atlassian/Jira, Tableau. Alternatively, you are comfortable rapidly learning about these and other new technologies, and can train others how to use them.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and presentation skills, with an exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Experience scaling an operation to handle increasing operational volumes with efficiency, quality, and CSAT.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications.
- Team player and a fast learner with a creative, fun attitude.
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How the creator economy is shaping the future!
- How to scale creator-centric programs in a rapidly growing global product company.
- Work in product strategy, programs and operations.
- How to launch a nascent trust and safety function.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?