Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform.
We are looking for a global Learning & Development leader who can drive our efforts to identify, develop, and implement effective learning development programs that will accelerate the growth of our employees. In this role, you will partner with a broad spectrum of colleagues including People Partners, senior leaders, and the business to help build and deliver innovative learning programs that will help grow our teammates, improve performance and amplify our culture. This role will also work and collaborate with business groups and the People team to identify, assess, and develop opportunities to further enhance and enable learning opportunities within business line-specific initiatives. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can think strategically and roll up their sleeves to build a best in class learning ecosystem to enhance our leadership training, build out our new hire training, and employees and managers while integrating the company culture throughout.
- Oversees all aspects of large-scale learning development initiatives including strategy, continuous improvement of leader community and resource platforms, content creation and implementation
- Assesses and drives the development of people managers and individual contributors by directing timely and relevant content through a diverse delivery method process, from large scale learning sessions to micro-learning, self-paced, content workshops and speaker series
- Partner with People business partners and business leaders to understand employee and team needs and provide guidance to effectively support future growth.
- Manage and/or facilitate instructor-led trainings which employ adult learning principles to increase attendee engagement and address different learning styles. This includes the design of training course material, facilitator guides, assessment tools, communications, cohort programming etc.
- Play an active role in supporting an integrated, best-in-class people strategy. Work closely with People & Community colleagues to ensure cross-functional talent strategies, initiatives, and communications are seamlessly and efficiently delivered.
- Owns external vendor relationships and budgets to maintain/update existing L&D programs
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree, preferred
- 5+ years of work experience (Learning & Development, OD Consulting, HR, or related areas)
- Proven ability to build scalable, high-impact, mission-driven training programs
- Highly experienced in instructional design methodology for adult learners with ability to design visually appealing materials. Instructional Design Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including dynamic meeting facilitation and presentation. Comfortable working with and presenting to all levels of employees
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability work collaboratively, influence and build effective work relationships with all levels within the organization
- Must be able to think strategically and execute tactical project plans
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and willing to go the extra mile to deliver effective results
- Excellent time management skills – ability to be proactive, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Collaborative and adaptable to changing team and business needs
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of digital tools and learning management systems
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how talent programs integrate into the business cycle and support business objectives to execute practical, effective and simple company-wide solutions
- Results oriented professional who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution
- Strong emotional intelligence, emotional maturity and senior level executive presence
- Driver of transformation, change and process improvement through people, process and technology
- Willing to challenge the status quo and encouraging creativity and innovation
Projects you may work on:
- Building our first Patreon Academy for individual contributors and people managers
- Revamping our coaching programming
- Designing our executive development curriculum
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Building and scaling sustainable progressing talent practices in a growing organization
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?