Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators. Patreon provides creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Senior Director, FP&A in NYC or San Francisco (Hybrid Model: A few days per week in office). . To support this growth, Patreon is looking for a
What you will do:
- Build and lead the financial planning and analysis team at Patreon
- Oversee and own the financial planning process: partner with our executive leadership team and internal stakeholders across the business to develop and communicate a comprehensive financial plan
- Oversee and own the financial forecasting process: build the infrastructure required to project Patreon’s financials with a high degree of accuracy on an ongoing basis
- Oversee and own the financial reporting process: design and implement a system that ensures that Patreon’s leadership, Board, investors and employees are well-informed about the company’s financial position
- Partner with leaders across the business to better understand their financial and operating results, provide decision-making support, identify risks/opportunities, and make smart investments
- Lead monthly management financial reviews by synthesizing important trends and communicating key insights to the executive team
- Provide support for investor relations and earnings call preparation
- Continually improve processes, drive organization change, and ensure that the finance organization at Patreon is a trusted advisor to the business
- Manage, develop and grow the existing team and set the vision for the structure of FP&A Patreon as the company continues to grow and mature over time
What skills and qualities we seek:
- 14+ years of relevant professional experience including 8-10+ years of FP&A experience and 6-8+ years of management experience
- You are dedicated to your craft. You deeply understand financial planning for a global business. You frame data so that it effectively conveys the right takeaways. You maintain flawless attention to detail even under pressure. Your deliverables are beautiful and you make finance a work of art.
- You are a highly analytical thinker. You ask incisive questions that uncover the heart of an issue. You have excellent strategic planning and financial modeling skills. You know how to evaluate business opportunities and model their contribution to a business’s financial performance.
- You are an excellent communicator. You have strong executive presence and inspire trust. You articulate complex topics clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communication. You develop cogent arguments based on incisive analysis.
- You are an outstanding manager and team player. You are a player / coach. You build high performing teams. You’re an expert at giving and receiving feedback.
- You strive for greatness. Your curiosity is limitless. You have a growth mindset and an intense desire to learn and explore. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for others
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?