Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Director of Customer Experience (Support) in San Francisco or NY.
What you will do:
- Own and drive the Support strategy and vision for Patreon’s Customer Experience organization of more than 40 individuals
- Own performance indicators across Customer Experience and the 20,000+ monthly touchpoints with users, including SLA adherence, CSAT, Full Resolution, and business-level metrics across Product and Content Support.
- Scale a global support team to take on new languages, and new technical challenges, including the Patreon API. Guide team performance in pursuit of our North Stars, while pursuing the right balance of fun and efficiency
- Advocate for the internal employee experience, providing robust leveling and development opportunities. You will hire, train, and develop a team of managers and specialists that work by Patreon’s Core Values
- Empower Creators, Members, and Fans by delivering a wicked fast and surprisingly delightful support experience across Socials, Messaging, and Email channels
- Collaborate with fellow Operations teams like Creator Success, as well as partner teams including Community, Trust & Safety, Legal/Policy/Compliance, Product, and Engineering
- Champion our creators and patrons by working with internal teams to address consistent friction points. Create the feedback loops that inspire and empower Product & Engineering
- Manage budget and forecasting across the Community Happiness organization. Use data to inform and support your decision-making
Skills and experience you possess:
- 10+ years of experience working in Customer Experience or Support
- Hiring and developing direct reports who are front line managers of support agents
- Setting long-term strategy for a Customer Experience organization
- Overseeing a global and multi-language team
- Handling support needs of of creators / entrepreneurs / small businesses, as well as consumers / users
- Owning performance metrics across email, social, and chat/messaging channels
Projects you may work on:
- Strategy and implementation for new messaging-based support channel
- Competitive benchmarking on support surfaces and operational metrics
- Evolving help center for new self-service resources and journeys
- Building new capabilities and reporting on our Zendesk environment
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?