Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance to join our team from San Francisco/New York/ or Remote from select approved cities in the US.
What you will do:
- Own forecasting, reporting and analysis: You will be the Finance & Strategy lead for all aspects of planning, modeling and analysis for cost of revenue items including costs associated with payment processing, existing and new infrastructure software vendors used for our core platform and new strategic initiatives like Amazon Web Services and MUX (our video streaming partner), transaction losses, content moderation and customer service.
- Business partnering: You will be a trusted strategic partner and work directly with the heads of payments operations, infrastructure engineering, native video, fraud losses, content moderation and community happiness. You will also work closely with the broader finance team, such as accounting and tax to analyze historical financials and inform your view on the future of the business.
- Strategic decision-making: You will provide strategic decision-making advice to key business partners and develop expertise, such as which payment processors to use, which cloud service providers to partner with, pricing negotiations with payment processors and software vendors, resource allocation in our content moderation and customer service teams given the growth of the company, and more.
- Executive communication: You will own monthly communication on actuals vs plan, key headwinds & tailwinds, upcoming projects and their impact on gross margins to the Executive team and respective business teams.
- Financial processes: You will be expected to continuously scale, improve and optimize our financial processes as the business grows.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Experience: 3+ years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, or a strategic role at a high-growth tech company with extensive hands-on exposure to financial modeling and strategic decision-making analysis.
- Degree: Degree in quantitative field preferred (e.g. Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, etc.).
- Technical skills: Mastery of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build large scale financial models that are flexible enough to drive real time business conversations. Willingness to work with SQL, Tableau, Adaptive Planning, and other data mining tools. High level of attention to detail and aptitude for planning / managing deadlines.
- Business partnering skills: Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and project planning skills. Must have the ability to effectively work and communicate cross-functionally at all levels.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Working with a high-growth company to operationalize and enhance existing processes, including IPO readiness initiatives.
- Building scalable processes for the future of Patreon.
- Partner with product, engineering and other internal teams to build systems from the ground up.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?