Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $3.5 billion directly to creators on our platform.
Role can be based out of: Los Angeles, California, United States, New York, New York, United States, or San Francisco, California, United States.
What you will do:
- Cultivate Patreon staff participation in community - empower Patreon teammates to be active members of the creator community, through supporting creator needs and providing their updates and expertise
- Build the community infrastructure - define the team structure, tools & software, and data & reporting to support the team vision and scaled growth
- Embed community principles across internal teams - influence business and technical teams to incorporate key community elements into their programs
- Grow Patreon’s online creator community - support Head of Online Community in growing and deepening the participation of creators in our community spaces and programs
- Scale up peer community programs - support Head of Community Programs to set the direction for building a range of programs for creators where they can learn from and share with peers and mentors
Skills and experience you possess:
- 8+ years in a community role with increasing responsibility and scope, including 5+ years as a team leader. You've developed a high-touch, high-scale community strategy yourself, implemented it successfully and can speak directly to the business impact.
- Shaping community strategy & messaging: Developing strategies for community development including online community, events and program management, and the internal and external messaging of community principles
- Managing a team: Responsibility for performance, career development, and hiring in a community team,
- Cross-functional partnership: Strong relationships and execution with internal stakeholders across marketing, communications, customer support, product
- Data-informed decision maker: Experienced in developing and impacting community metrics
- Strong sense of empathy: Curious about others’ motivations, eager to help them succeed, and effective at facilitating open and sometimes difficult conversations with a positive, solutions-oriented outlook
- Superfan of creator and internet culture: Direct experience as a creator or working with creators is a delightful nice-to-have
Projects you may work on:
- Strategize on cross-functional partnerships and programs that leverage community principles to inform policy, marketing, and product decisions.
- Advising on best practices for user outreach and community engagement to drive increased participation and retention in the creator online community
- Evaluating and building new channels for interacting with creators through both owned / operated and creator-run spaces
- Setting the vision for Patreon’s community programs to be both peer-led and Patreon-led, and through virtual to in-person touchpoints
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON’T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?