Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Creator Launch Associate to join our team.
What you will do:
- Partner with emerging creators to launch their membership strategy
- Work alongside our other team members to launch well known digital and traditional creators to launch their Patreon pages using a combination of traditional marketing and PR and experimental earned media tactics
- Become an expert in best practices on launching pages (including developing their tiers, go to market strategy, PR, launch parties and more!)
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, PR, Data Science and Creator Success for launches
- Use data to iterate on a consultative engagement process and instill confidence in our membership expertise with creators
Skills and experience you possess:
- Partnerships Expertise: You have experience in business development / partnerships and are excited by the prospect of working with key strategic partners. You are eager to learn the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward. 1-3 years of partnerships experience or other applicable experience (Media, Consulting, Influencer Relations, Marketing Coordinator).
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Forecasting: You are detail-oriented and are diligent in updating creator records.
- Positive Outlook: You stay positive in the face of challenges, and think creatively to find solutions. You are also flexible as things change and iterate quickly.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Communication: You are a clear, concise communicator. You understand the importance of documentation and organization.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: You are a great teammate and document requests clearly and package projects to help your teammates effectively plan and offer their resources. You respect teammates time and operate as a strong corporate citizen to help other teams meet their objectives.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
Projects you may work on:
- Launching large Patreon pages
- Helping throw launch parties
- Working with design to get a billboard for a creator set up
- Executing on giveaways and other large marketing stunts
- Working alongside team members to refine processes and strategy
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The ins and outs of Patreon pages from a creator perspective
- How to successfully execute on launches with both massive, culture-shifting ideas and small, nuanced tweaks
- How to work with creators of all types to build robust businesses
- Lots of amazing tools and resources to make your work life easier!
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?