Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We are preparing for rapid expansion and public company readiness, and are looking for the best and brightest to join us! As we grow our legal team, we are looking for a Senior Legal Operations Manager to build out our legal operations function and ensure we can scale quickly and efficiently.
What you will do:
- Own our contract lifecycle management systems and processes, ensuring teams are supported with the templates they need, inbound contracts are assigned by you to reviewers quickly, and all contracts are organized and tagged effectively.
- Maintain our legal ticket tracking and contract lifecycle/expiration system in Jira and innovate on new ways to make it more efficient, including providing more useful analytics and metrics, as well as educating and advocating for its use by the legal team and others.
- Simplify legal billing and make sure bills get paid on time. Work closely with our Finance team and other stakeholders to manage legal accrual processes, and identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reduction in our outside counsel spend.
- Assist with maintaining and renewing Patreon’s insurance policies.
- Identify opportunities for our team’s legal education, training, seminars, memberships, or affiliations.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 5+ years of relevant legal operations experience, especially at high growth tech companies.
- You are obsessively organized and comfortable imposing that organization on others.
- You have a resilient nature, are curious, and are open to learning new things.
- You crave feedback, both positive and constructive.
- You are able to influence other teams to adopt new systems that create cross functional efficiencies.
- You are a proactive self-starter who communicates often with our team, assesses and anticipates the technology and processes we might need, and drives projects to completion.
- You’re familiar with some or all of these technologies: Slack, Carta, Ironclad, ContractWorks, Atlassian/Jira, Zoom, or, if not, you are comfortable learning about these and other new technologies, and can train others how to use them.
- You have the ability to initiate and manage complex projects across multiple teams and stakeholders while keeping your good humor intact..
- You’re comfortable with iterative process implementation.
- You have a passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
Projects you may work on:
- Reviewing our contract management system and ensuring it is able to scale through high growth.
- Influencing widespread adoption of our Jira ticketing system for legal work and then using it to track legal team output.
- Implementing our Simple Legal legal billing system and our Ironclad contract management system.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How to build a legal operations function from scratch at a high growth technology company.
- Build legal systems that are public company ready.
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.