Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Associate Market Researcher to join our Go to Market team.
Please note: Remote flexible, proximity to LA, SF, or NY office preferred.
What you will do:
- Support senior team members in execution of end-to-end primary research studies relating to a wide variety of audiences. Beyond just conducting research on two fascinating target audiences (creators and fans/members), you’ll work on initiatives that span creative verticals from podcasting to gaming to journalism and everything in between.
- Market Research operations, responsible for leading creator recruitment, scheduling, research payments, and coordinating audience lists with the data science or research invites with our email marketing team.
- Support ad-hoc research initiatives through direct contribution via: discussion guide creation, moderating interviews and group conversations, survey design and programming, analysis, and reporting.
- Continuously streamline and improve research and knowledge management efforts, such as building question banks, adding to the research hub, and helping the team make strides towards operational excellence.
Skills and experience you possess:
- (preferred) B.A./B.S. in Business, Economics, Statistics, Market Research or related disciplines
- 2+ years conducting qualitative and quantitative primary research in an insights or market research role
- Ability to consistently deliver timely, error-free and high-quality projects.
- Experience using Qualtrics, Typeform, SurveyGizmo, Google Forms, or equivalent. Proficient in programming advanced survey logic and consumer choice exercises (conjoint, max diff).
- Track record of independently coordinating and scheduling research including recruitment, outreach, scheduling, tracking/processing research honoraria
- Experience in discussion guide creation, moderating interviews and group conversations, survey design, data cleaning and analysis, weighting, and reporting
- Document and update best practices and coordinate training for GTM participants as needed
- Highly motivated, collaborative attitude; ability to work with sales, marketing, finance, data science, and creator success teams
- Excellent written, analytical, and strategic thinking skills; detail-oriented mindset
- Interest or experience in video editing is a plus, opportunity to use these skills to create storytelling video summaries of qualitative research
- Familiarity with advanced data analysis tools a plus (e.g., SQL, R, SPSS or SAS)
Projects you may work on:
- Support interviews and surveys that generate insights to fuel the Marketing, Creator Success, and Creator Partnership teams
- Manage research and insights for the GTM team, specifically our creator partnerships and community and education teams. This means, you’ll get to conduct research with our creator community and managed creators.
- Recruit and support video IDIs with creators from both on and off the Patreon platform
- Draft, program, test, distribute, and analyze surveys to get feedback on direct marketing efforts such as email journeys or events
- Competitive creator research comprised of both desk and qual/quant research elements, inclusive of recruitment or panel development/maintenance
- Top of Market creator trend analysis and summaries, potential to leverage social listening or syndicated data sources
- Maintaining the market research hub, building out question banks, consulting on GTM team ad hoc surveys
- Ownership over research operations and support for ongoing research studies
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Excellence in storytelling. Polished communication is the difference between research that falls flat and strategic insights that inspire action. Learning how to socialize and share insights will become your superpower!
- Exposure to the fastest growing (and most compelling) user segment in tech: creators. Opportunity to support Patreon’s mission to create more equitable systems of pay for those who create the content that enriches our day-to-day life. You’ll help directly by equipping creators with data they can use to get to know their audience and optimize their exclusive Patreon offerings.
- Make your mark on a growing team, step into a new role on our expanding Market Research team. Your presence allows the team to support a larger part of the organization and make a bigger impact on our Creator Community, Managed creators, and competitive intelligence research.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?