Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Research Operations Manager for our UX Research team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with researchers to understand their study objectives, clarify their participant requirements, determine recruitment methods, develop screening criteria, and execute the logistics of the research sessions.
- Own Patreon’s research recruitment strategy and tooling.
- Build and manage Patreon’s participant panel.
- Support insights management across the research team.
- Create on-brand and effective written communication for engaging with research participants
- Manage research tools, including sourcing and evaluation of new tools as needed.
- Keep our research compliant with GDPR policies and PII management best practices.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Experience working in Research Ops as part of a UXR team.
- Enjoy work with a great degree of autonomy and comfortable prioritizing across multiple teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with UXR tools such as Qualtrics, Airtable, Dovetail, Mailchimp, etc.
- Familiarity with product development processes, including Agile methodology.
Projects you may work on:
- Refresh Patreon’s research recruitment playbook. Evaluate current tools and explore new ones.
- Coordinate user research across new product development efforts, working to ensure that teams hear from representative creators and patrons to inform our product roadmap
- Run programs that provide visibility into the research team’s insights, from monthly company meetings to regular newsletters.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will learn ways to empower creators to get paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn