As the most senior Product Design IC at Patreon, this role will be pivotal to achieve our company and design missions in 2021+. In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver and tackle broad strategic problems and manage large scale projects with multiple stakeholders across products and organizations.
What you will do
- Proactively discover company-level opportunities and help bring clarity and insight through high-fidelity prototypes and expert storytelling
- Work closely with Research, Product and Engineering to identify, plan, scope and execute end-to-end design solutions
- Work across the entire design organization to develop innovative patterns and systems that are durable, repeatable and set a new standard for craft across the company.
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on prototypes, high-fidelity visuals, and key flows
- Contribute to the visioning, sequencing, tactics, and execution of a multi-phased overhaul of the product
- Own, redefine, and ship key parts of the core Patreon product
- Mentor design peers and contribute to design team culture and rituals
Skills and experience you possess
- 10+ years of experience in an Individual Contributor design role.
- Portfolio with demonstrated evidence of shipping world-class customer experiences that have made a significant impact on business metrics.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in design thinking methodologies to lead teams toward user-centered outcomes
- A deep commitment to craft & product excellence
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way art is made. Let’s move!
Projects you may work on
- Lead the design vision and execution for Creators to manage their audience & business
- New tools for Creation, playback, and collection experiences across a variety of media types: live, video, podcasting, music, etc.
- New ways for Creators to interact with their members
- Patreon Design System
What you will have the chance to learn
- The future of the Creator and media industry
- The ins and outs of creative workflows around the world
- Working in a fast paced high execution environment that’s simultaneously deeply focused on craft
- Being part of a high growth company that’s rapidly scaling
- Designing for impact (we’re a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of helping Creators turn their passion into a living. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?