Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Fullstack Engineer for our Fraud & Compliance team.
What you will do
- Design, build, deploy, and support engineering solutions to manage and fight fraud. You’ll contribute to projects from the initial design process all the way to deployment.
- Collaborate with product, fraud operations, data science, payments and compliance to engineer ways to combat fraud.
- Integrate internal machine learning models and third-party APIs to develop robust fraud detection applications.
- Develop internal tools for fraud operations to effectively manage manual processes.
- Contribute at a global scale at a fast-moving, fast-growing company.
Skills and experience you possess
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- You have an excitement for learning new things and for working with a variety of technologies in order to ship reliable code quickly
- You have excellent communication skills to facilitate requirements gathering, decision-making, and knowledge sharing
- You can collaborate cross-functionally. You will be working with product managers, data scientists, adjacent engineering teams, and operations teams.
- You have experience working in Python, Java and/or a similar general purpose language
- You have a strong understanding of web servers and API design frameworks
- You are proficient at writing well-optimized MySql database queries and can model data
- You have experience shipping code quickly using CI/CD
- You have a desire to write clean, easy-to-read code with a strong attention to detail
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.