Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for an Android Engineer for our Growth team to support our mission.
About the Role
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new foundation for Patreon
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and collaborating with engineers, designers, product managers, and stakeholders across the company
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the areas of system design, performance, and testing, especially for surge volume scale from our creators’ audiences
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that lean towards high-craft and quick-iteration product development
- Build a strong product-minded engineering culture by mentoring engineers
- 3+ years of experience in building high quality well-crafted Android applications
- Strong Kotlin and Java fluency and you’ve handled UI, networking, and threading in these languages
- Hold a high standard of craftsmanship with an eye for UI, UX, and engineering detail
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, and monitoring app releases
- Experience designing clean and useable APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
- Nice to have: experience with GraphQL. Familiarity with other parts of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, and Swift
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The expected base salary range for this role is $139,000 to $193,500 per year. This represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.