Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer for our Finance Engineering team.
What you will do
- Deploy and maintain architecture, and design of current, and target state financial applications.
- Develop state of the art reconciliation, revenue recognition, and report systems to support internal and external business partners.
- Monitor performance and maintain financial systems for high availability.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and processes to support internal and external audits.
- Build and support access controls and security audits.
Skills and experience you possess
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- You can collaborate cross-functionally. You will be working with finance team members, internal and external auditors.
- Familiarity with SOX and ITGC compliance.
- You have experience working in Python, Java and/or a similar general purpose language
- You have experience working with large datasets, and maintaining data consistency across multiple systems.
- You are proficient at writing well-optimized MySql database queries and can model data
- You have experience shipping code quickly using CI/CD
- Experience working with common financial systems (Sovos, Netsuite) is a plus.
- Experience with integrations including payment partners, Netsuite, and chargeback systems.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?